Downloadable Forms



School Transfer Application Form 

If you would like to transfer your child from one Sunderland school to another Sunderland school, you must complete a 'School transfer application form'.

This must also be completed if either of the following apply:

  • You are moving to Sunderland (which includes Hetton-le-Hole, Houghton-le-Spring and Washington) and wish to transfer your child to a Sunderland school
  • You are presently living here but would like to move your child from a local school to one outside Sunderland

If your child is currently attending a Sunderland school the form must be signed by that school's head teacher.


Free School Meal Form

 Children whose parents receive the following benefits and tax credits are entitled to receive free school meals:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue that does not exceed £16,190 or
  • Guarantee element of Pension Credit

Children who receive Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance in their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.

Children who receive 'education suitable for children who have not attained compulsory age' will need to satisfy the additional requirement of 'receiving education both before and after the lunch period' before being eligible to receive free meals.

The following benefits do not automatically entitle you to free school meals:

  • Contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Foster Allowance
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance