New National Curriculum
The new national curriculum will be taught in all maintained primary and secondary schools from September 2014.
Please click on the link below for further information.
KEY CURRICULUM DRIVERS FOR NEW CURRICULUM
DIAMOND HALL JUNIOR SCHOOL
- Safety and well being.
- Embedding the ethos of a Rights Respecting School within the whole curriculum.
- High Expectations for every child.
- Develop and embed thinking skills across all areas of learning.
- Application and transference of core skills across a progressive and purposeful curriculum through varied opportunities to ensure excellence in standards in speaking and listening, reading, writing and mathematics.
- Accurate assessment with pupils participating fully in leading and evaluating learning. (Response and Reflection)
- Reading for pleasure.
- Making connections in learning by developing enjoyment, independence, confidence and collaboration.
- First hand experience of learning.